Saturday, October 17, 2009

Apples, Apples, Apples

The picture was ealier this summer. Read on to learn about the fruits of my labors.


Over the last week and a half my daughter-in-law and I have been canning apple sauce, apple butter, drying apples, and freezing apples. We have take a break the last couple of days. Now we are dragging our feet getting back to the rest of the apples.





Two little tips I have learned this year. We made our apple butter in the crock pot--Oh it was easy. Just look on line for a recipe. The apples we froze we blanched , filled pie plates full of apples--froze--then slipped the frozen apples out of the pie plates into air tight bags--they are frozen in the shape of the pie plate. When I am ready to make a pie, just place the shape into the crust--add my sugar, spices and a little flour and bake. Hope it works--I'll let you know later.

No comments: