Friday, May 14, 2010

Ages Ago

It has been ages since I last posted--of cource you all know that. Lots has happened including I forgot my password to get to this blog. I have retired from teaching and am getting used to be in charge of my own time. I have read a lot of books, done some geneology, enjoyed being with family and have gotten some much needed little jobs around the house done.

I am finding I really enjoy being in charge of my own time. I am having to learn how to use it wisely for there are days that go by that I could accomplish nothing at all but getting up and dressed for the day. I descided to substitute teach for extra money and it is nice to say, "No, I can't today, sorry."or "Yes, that would be great."

The books I have read have varied in genre. I read The Book of Morman in less that thirty days and got more out of that reading than ever before. Two favorite books have been I Am David and The Hiding Place. There have been dozens of others and each has given me oppertunities to reflect on different parts of my own life.

I am into spring and have gone overboard on purchasing plants and seed. I do this all the time but this year I really went all out. Now I have to find places to plant all that I have accumulated. I am proud to say I have peas, lettuce, and radishes coming up.

My greatest joy this year has been time I have spent with my grandchildren. I have watched closely the growing up of our youngest granddaughter and that has given us great joy. I get to spend a couple of day a week with two other grandchildren (if I'm not subbing.) and that has been fun.

Best of all I am getting to know my spouse a little better each day. He too retired so we are together a lot. He is a pretty neat man. He makes me laugh and he make me think. Love him dearly. Oh, I have my days when I wish I had time alone--but they pass and the next day is much better.

I am loving life.

No comments: